|Scroll down for interview...|
1) Tell us a little bit about yourself, your hobbies and background.
I'm a senior at Ohio University and when I'm not studying (I'm double majoring so I have a lot to study), I am snowboarding, waterskiing, wake boarding, horseback riding and sky diving.
2) How long have you been costuming? What kinds of experiences have you had?
I'm a sci-fi nerd so I've dressed up as Captain Janeway for a few Star Trek conventions and, since I go to OU, I get all dolled up for the Halloween block party each year.
3) What's your earliest memory of seeing Return of the Jedi?
Return of the Jedi is the very first movie I can remember watching as a kid. My brother and I were raised on Star Wars and we always watched Return of the Jedi because it was our very favorite.
4) When did you get your first "metal bikini" and what drove you to it?
I got my first "metal bikini" earlier this week. My fiancee made most of it. He spent many, many hours this month getting the bra piece just right and he sewed me into my skirt for the OU block party this weekend.
5) What is your favorite memory of appearing as Slave Leia?
When I went up town for the block party, even the cops were checking me out. My friend Betsy said "Katie, it's so much fun just watching people look at you!". That was probably the best because most of the time I dress very modestly and it was fun to get so much attention and to be able to entertain my friends.
6) If you danced for Jabba the Hutt, what song would you dance to and why?
"Da Dip" because it is a classic and it always makes me laugh.
7) Any final words?
Never underestimate the Force of a metal bikini!